This section of When in Germany, Do as the Germans Do contains the following chapters:
Book Chapters - Celebrations and Holidays
- Happy Birthday? Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!
- Groundhog Day: Mariä Lichtmess/Candlemas
- Die Fünfte Jahreszeit: The Fifth Season
MORE: Carnival and Mardi Gras, German Style - all about Fastnacht, Karneval, Fastnacht
- Summer Vacation and Reisewellen: Germany’s Summer Brings a Wave of Traffic Jams (Staus)
- It’s Halloween: Streich oder Süssigkeit
MORE: Halloween in Germany
- Barbarazweig—Saint Barbara’s Branch
MORE: Christmas in Germany: Barbarazweig
- Silvester—New Year’s Eve
WEB > Dinner for One - A German New Year’s Tradition (AboutGerman.net)
Also see: German Celebrations and Holidays (Calendar)
For more chapters from the books, plus supplementary material, see the menu on the left.
Order When in Germany, Do as the Germans Do from Amazon.com.
Pages on this site related to celebrations and holidays in the German-speaking world:
- Carnival and Mardi Gras, German Style
- Christmas in Germany - The many Christmas traditions from Austria and Germany!
- Halloween in Germany - It may not be an original German tradition, but Holloween is increasingly popular in Europe.
- German Celebrations and Holidays - A calendar of holidays and observances in the German-speaking world
- Contents: When in Germany, Do as the the Germans Do - Book contents, with links
- Contents: The German Way - Book contents, with links
- Money, banks, and credit - from the German Way book
- Expats Page - Learn from those who have already been there and done that.