Publications for Expats
Periodicals and other publications, in English or German, can help expats have a better experience in German-speaking Europe.
Expat Publications in English
- German Life is published six times a year. Germanic culture, history, and travel are the main focus of this US publication.
- LivingAbroad magazine, “the world's leading resource for international relocation professionals and expatriate executives on assignment,” also offers extensive links and info for Austria, Germany, and Switzerland.
- FAZ.net - MainCity - Now in German only. Was an English-language publication for expats in the Frankfurt am Main area. A division of the respected Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.
- International Herald Tribune - Covers the world with an American flavor. Ideal for homesick expats. Far meatier than USA Today.
- Mamizeit.com - Web magazine for international women living in Switzerland: “international moms of Switzerland.”
- Munich Found Online - The Web edition of this popular Munich monthly guide is interesting and helpful even if you don't happen to live in Munich.
- Overseas Digest - Free e-mail newsletter, links, and other info for expats.
- Relocation Journal
Other Information Sources for Expats
Also see the Expat Books & Links page.
- Berlin.de - A great source of help and info for expats in Berlin. In English or German.
- Berlin Info - Another source of help and info for expats in Berlin. In English.
- Bilingual Families Web Page
- BR Anchor Publishing - Books (When in Rome...) and the “Relocation 2000” newsletter, plus links and other info for expats.
- CIBT - Global Visa and Passport Professionals
Web content ©1997-2013 Hyde Flippo
- The German Way Forum - Join our forum, where we share info and tips about life in German Europe.
- Expat Checklists - What expats need to know
BACK > Expats - Introduction
BACK > Expat Checklists