Embassies and Government Agencies for Expats
Your homeland’s embassy and consular office in the country where you have your expat assignment can be very important if you encounter problems or if you need information about certain requirements. Here are links to help you locate them.
- Canada - Foreign Affairs - Voyage.gc.ca - Essential information for Canadians abroad
- U.S. Dept. of State Consular Affairs Home Page - Lots of good information: passports, travel warnings, and much more!
Austria | Österreich (A)
Also see our Austria page
- U.S. Embassy, Vienna - Information of interest to US citizens living and working in Austria. Also on Twitter and Facebook.
- Canadian Embassy, Vienna - Information for Canadian citizens in Austria
- Austrian Ministry for Foreign Affairs - In English and German. Searchable. Includes Austrian Facts and Figures, Consular Matters (Passports, Job Opportunities, Austrian Expatriate Organizations), and more.
Germany | Deutschland (D)
Also see our Germany page
- Australian Embassy, Germany - Information for Aussie expats in Germany
- Berlin.de - Not a government agency, but a great source of info for expats in Berlin. In English or German.
- British Embassy, Germany - UK in Germany - Information for British expats in Germany
- Canadian Embassy, Berlin - Information for Canadian citizens in Germany
- U.S. Embassy, Germany - Information for U.S. citizens living and working in Germany; also on Twitter and Facebook.
Switzerland | Die Schweiz (CH)
Also see our Switzerland page
- Swiss Foreign Office - Info for English-speakers interested in Switzerland, with links to Swiss Embassies and Consulates in Europe
- U.S. Embassy, Bern - Information of interest to U.S. citizens living and working in Switzerland
Web content ©1997-2010 Hyde Flippo
- The German Way Forum - Join our forum, where we share info and tips about life in German Europe.
- Driving Tips for Germany
- GW Expat Blog
- Expat Interviews - Learn from those who have already been there, done that.
- Expat Checklists - What expats need to know
NEXT > Expat Publications